Wednesday, August 18, 2010

LESSON LEARNED

Woke up today with a headache so I grabbed three Advil only to realize shortly after I had taken THREE Advil PM.  One PM anything taken before bedtime will put me in a fog until lunchtime the next day, so you can imagine how productive my day was today.  I had a doctor's appointment and hated to cancel at the last minute so I called a dear friend to see if she would mind "Driving Miss Debbie" to the doctor.  Thankfully it was a quick appointment and we had time to do a little shopping afterwards.  It is such a blessing in life to have those few friends you can call who might laugh with you when you do something stupid, but they love you and are ready to help in any way.  LESSON LEARNED...If you want to have a productive day...admit you need reading glasses and use them so you are not taking something you do not mean to! 

Got to meet Scott for dinner at O'Charley's and afterwards we stopped by the cemetery for a few minutes.  It is special to go and see where others have stopped by and left flowers or mementos there for Wes.  In a few days, it will have been two months since I have seen Wes and I think the state of shock I have been in has worn off and reality is setting in and I really miss everything about him...his presence, his humor, his smile, his voice and even the things he did that aggravated me...like never picking up his clothes off the bathroom floor even though he had been taught better.  You always knew if you came back home whether Wes had been around or not, because he always left a path of destruction behind him...dirty socks, towels, food wrappers, coke cans.  Always assumed when he had a place of his own, it would be different and he would be very neat again, but it is hard to realize that we will never know.

Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble, and He  brings them out of their distresses.  He calms the storm, so that its waves are still.  Psalm 107:28-29   

No comments:

Post a Comment